Brigg Town Business Partnership (BTBP) has now been in operation since 2011. Our purpose is to provide a strong and co-ordinated voice for the independent business. There are many things that we can do better by working together and increasing footfall in the town is one such key ambition. This means not only promoting the town to maintain customer loyalty but also raising the profile to attract new visitors and shoppers to come enjoy the great things that the town has to offer.
We see the high street as part of the community and this is reflected in our events programme and also our enthusiasm to work together with all those other organisations making Brigg special e.g. B.A.S.H, Brigg Live Arts, The Heritage Centre and the Ancholme User Group, to name but a few. We are constantly revising and improving the way we work and the opportunities we can offer our members; these presently include:-
- Free inclusion on this website
- Free listing in our tri-fold promotional leaflet
- Bi-monthly liaison with Humberside Police and provision of free alert boxes
- Discounted rates for specialist retail training
- Focussed campaigns for Christmas, Small Business Saturday etc…
- Co-ordinated marketing of Brigg as a retail destination of choice as well as a great leisure and tourist attraction. e.g. production of commercials promoting Brigg by Estuary TV
- Organisation of high quality events organised to increase the footfall in Brigg, and all that goes with that e.g. banners, press releases, radio interviews, sponsorships etc…
- Coordinated voice for representation of business interest to both Brigg Town Council and North Lincolnshire Council and its committees
- Coordinated application for funding and/or competitions that bring benefit to members e.g. Community Grant, the Portas funds and all the input that led to Brigg being 2015 finalist in the Great British High Street Competition
- And last but not least, being part of an integrated and supportive business community
Some other towns have levied a special (and significant) business rate to fund activities such as ours. We have chosen instead to be based on voluntary subscriptions at the extremely modest rate of £30/business. We can only do this because of the huge amount of voluntary work that the committee and its supporters put in on behalf of businesses. We are an open and inclusive organisation; the bigger the team, the more we can do!
If you are an existing business that wants to enjoy the benefits of belonging to BTBP then please contact Deb Dunderdale email@example.com
If you are looking to start a business in Brigg, and are looking for premises or simply want to get off to a flying start by tapping into a structure that is there to help your business succeed in Brigg then please contact Malcolm Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org